Sunday, September 18, 2011

Random Thought of the Day: Two wrongs make a right?

With a name like “Wright” you’re bound to end up on the wrong side of a few jibing puns along the lines of: “Hey, Mr. Wright? Have you ever been Mr. Wrong?” “Only just now, (putz),” I smile. “I’m always Wright even when I’m wrong.”

But this gets me wondering. Is there any way to actually make a right out of two wrongs? We all know the logical fallacy involved here, but what say we see if it’s absurdifiable!

I suppose if Mr. and Mrs. Wrong had a baby named Right, that'd be one. Waking up on the wrong side of the bed is bad, but waking up on the wrong, wrong side of the bed might be right, eh? If you get a question wrong on a test, but the question was wrong to begin with, that could yield the right sort of outcome. And aren't I right in thinking it's doubly wrong for the rotund among us to wear a thong at the beach?

Anything else make a right?

Yeah. Three lefts.

No comments:

Post a Comment