Friday, October 14, 2011

Random Thought of the Day: Critical Life Lessons

You know how you may have developed habits in your life, ones that people don't necessarily know about, and even you don't stop to recognize them, or where they come from sometimes? They're the kind that usually stem from some horribly bad experience that left you feeling numb and a little bit hopeless about the fate of humanity. It's the lesson you remember, and not often the catalyst. But today, I remembered the catalyst for one of mine.

I have an unspoken rule. I don't just go to the movies to go to the movies. I know this. I don't have to think about it, it's just the way it is with me. Be it with friends, family, my girlfriend—whomever! Doesn't matter. I'm not going to the movies unless I really want to see something.

Why?

Years ago, I once went with a bunch of people to see a movie the day it came out, not really because I wanted to, but because that's "what was going on." Since then, I have established my rule. The movie was, Dude, Where's My Car?

Penny for your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment