Tuesday, September 15, 2026

To my mom, September 15

Tuesday, September 15, 1981

          Just this past weekend you and I got back from our trip to California. We spent 3 wonderful weeks there where you got to meet the rest of your grandparents and many friends.
          Some of the neighbor ladies gave a shower in your honor and you received many nice things. Oh, I had such a good time, I don't know when the next visit will be, but for sure Daddy will go, too.
          I hope there'll be lots of times in the future when you will get to spend time with your grandparents, aunts, and uncles. It's very important to us that you do. I'm hoping it will become very important to you. I love you, baby—my big, beautiful boy. God bless you always.

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

          Just this past weekend we went to see "Weird Al" Yankovic live in concert in Fresno. We spent the night, went swimming in the hotel pool, and poked around the shops there. 
          …

My mom died on January 7, 2026. She was 70 years old. It was both her time and not her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment